Here’s 25 things you may or may not already know about me:
1. I learnt to swim when I was five years old, and had my ears pierced at age two :)
2. I’m arachnophobic, and have slight vertigo too.
3. I’ve been cooking since I was eight years old. My first successful meal was Maggi Noodles :)
4. I’ve changed schools eleven times in my lifetime, and no, I was never kicked out :)
5. I was born in Iran, I’ve lived for four years in Papua New Guinea, and spent a month holidaying in North Korea.
6. Sometimes people can’t tell if I’m a boy or a girl. (Put me in a cap, hoodie and jeans and you’ll know why).
7. I enjoy watching, observing, and listening.
8. I’ve slipped and broken off a tap in the loo, gotten stuck in a water tank at night, and walked into a TV table’s glass door and broke it. Most recently I bumped my head on the ceiling of a bus on a very shaky bus ride and cut my forehead :/
9. I still emotionally blackmail my parents into feeding me. I tell them, “Ek na ek din toh cholei jabo…” Works like a charm :D
10. I relate to people with their smells, and I don’t mean perfumes/colognes. Each person has their own unique scent, and if I like yours, you’ll know :)
11. I have an odd affinity for taking pictures of feet. But only if I like them.
12. I’m usually mellow around people I really enjoy being with, gives me time to absorb them :)
13. My memory works oddly, I can remember random things from anywhere/any time, and that too in exquisite detail.
14. I love learning about new cultures, food, and languages.
15. I love music, but I can’t sing, nor play a single instrument :(
16. I can be quite flexible when I feel like it. I love exercising, it’s very rejuvenating.
17. I once had to hold my pee in for 1.5 hours while on a bus to Sirajganj. And when the bus stopped, there weren’t any toilets nearby so I had to do it in the nearby “jungle”. I tore off a fake nail in the process, coz I was in such a hurry :p
18. I can burp the english alphabet, and I shaved my head when I was twenty years old.
19. I will hurt someone’s feelings, if I think it’s good for them in the long run.
20. My favourite cartoon is still The Rugrats. I never get tired of watching, never will.
21. I prefer joking around with people who actually “get it”.
22. I believe I can get along with all sorts of people, age and intelligence no bar :p
23. I like reading magazines back to front. Don’t know why.
24. Double jointed people freak me out.
25. I’ve had stitches on my upper lip. Never noticed, didja? :p